[tor-relays] [tor-assistants] Call for discussion: turning funding into more exit relays

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Aug 1 09:43:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 12:03:07AM -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> All of this said, don't go out and start spending money quite yet.
> We should figure out these logistics first. And Tor should get a bit
> more of a handle on what this diversity thing should mean. And I should
> get buy-in from other Tor people for my plans here. :)

What constitutes a minimal useful exit policy? Mine is curently

reject 0.0.0.0/8:*
reject 169.254.0.0/16:*
reject 127.0.0.0/8:*
reject 192.168.0.0/16:*
reject 10.0.0.0/8:*
reject 172.16.0.0/12:*
reject 78.46.119.2:*
accept *:22
accept *:443
accept *:465
accept *:563
accept *:992-995
reject *:*

which doesn't give me any complaints, but also no exit
flag. On the other hand I would love to unthrottle it
(this is a dual-core Atom, but on 1 GBit line) as
long as someone pays for the extra traffic (this is
6.9 EUR/TByte).

I think there are several people in my position. So

a) what minimal exit policy would qualify us for applying for funding?

b) when and who is the contact? Should I just talk to Zwiebelfreunde e.V.?

Thanks.