[tor-relays] "who has used my bridge" in vidalia bridge bundle?

eliaz eliaz at tormail.org
Mon Apr 23 16:38:00 UTC 2012

On 4/23/2012 9:27 AM, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> On 4/23/12 12:07 AM, eliaz wrote:
>> On 4/21/2012 1:08 PM, eliaz wrote:
>>> After running bridge relays in the TBB for a long time I now get "who
>>> has used my bridge" results quite quickly after restarts. But in the
>>> stable bridge bundle, this function seems not to work - I've had the
>>> bundle running for well over a day and am still getting the  msg "no
>>> clients have used your relay recently," while the Bandwidth Usage is
>>> sailing away to beat the band. Is there a way to fix this? - eli
>>
>> The answer occurred to me - BridgeRecordUsageByCountry is not enabled in
>> the relay bundle by default.
>
> Are you sure?  I'd be surprised if anything changed that config value
> which is 1 by default.  Which bundle is this?  Can you paste the link
> from where you downloaded the package?

I downloaded from https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en

This was reached not from the Tor Browser, but my clear TBird. I haven't
able to verify the sig, was going to ask about this after I'd
investigated that further.

This morning I restarted vidalia-bridge-bundle-0.2.2.35-0.2.17 after
explicitly writing BridgeRecordUsageByCountry and other options into the
torrc. Everything now seems to be working fine.

Not to complicate the issue, after I had the problem with the bridge
package, I restarted TBB and had a good deal of new problems, as
described in tor-talk: "No Browser, ContactInfo rewrites?" I don't know
if those problems are related to what you're asking about. I'll be
checking out some malware that my virus scanner picked up, but I don't
think it's related to the Tor problems.- elias
----
gpg: 0xE498E90D