[tor-relays] What to do about icecat.biz abuse complaints?

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Sat Apr 14 12:04:45 UTC 2012

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 07:15:56 -0400 (EDT)
"Steve Snyder" <swsnyder at snydernet.net> allegedly wrote:

> I often get abuse complaints from icecat,biz saying that a "RIP
> attempt" was seen from the IP address of my exit node.  Apparently
> this involves too many connections in a given period of time.

I had the same problem last year. In response to my question about what
others were doing, Moritz Bartl said:

"Icecat was discussed recently on tor-talk, see
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2011-September/021446.html

In short : We now ignore the automated reports."

Mick

blog: baldric.net
fingerprint: E8D2 8882 F7AE DEB7 B2AA 9407 B9EA 82CC 1092 7423