[tor-relays] Mystery of bridge utilization

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Sun Apr 1 04:16:32 UTC 2012

I've got 2 bridges, with 1 IP address in each of 2 servers in the same geographical area.  The IP addresses are not consecutive.

Both servers have the same hardware and software configurations.  Both were established in mid-January and (excepting a few brief periods of down time) have been running since then.

So why then in March did one server handle 200GB of traffic while the other handled only 2GB?  (Yes, a x100 difference.)

Also: is there something I can do to make my under-utilized bridge more attractive to the Bridge Authorities?

Thanks.