[tor-relays] max / burst speed

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Tue Sep 27 20:37:05 UTC 2011

>> I run 2 middle nodes, one at 150KB/300KB and the other at 100KB/200KB.
[snip]

>No idea what shaping algorithm Tor uses, nor any clue on recommended
>burst ratios under said algorithm. Anyone???.

FWIW, the example config file ("torrc.sample") includes these lines:

## Define these to limit how much relayed traffic you will allow. Your
## own traffic is still unthrottled. Note that RelayBandwidthRate must
## be at least 20 KB.
#RelayBandwidthRate 100 KB  # Throttle traffic to 100KB/s (800Kbps)
#RelayBandwidthBurst 200 KB # But allow bursts up to 200KB/s (1600Kbps)