[tor-relays] max / burst speed

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Tue Sep 27 16:35:10 UTC 2011

Am Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:24:07 -0500
schrieb Jon <torance.ca at gmail.com>:

Hi,

> I can't speak for others, those with large amounts of BW usage or even
> those with lower BW usage, but I know I never in the past 2 years have
> never come close to using my available bandwidth.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that information.

> I maybe wrong in this assumption, but I am thinking , at least now,
> that there are certain nodes that dont get a large amount of traffic
> like they used to, that the BW is more distributed among those nodes
> that are available.

What makes me suspicious is the fact that the usage stays exactly at
the amount which i configured when i started the relay. During the
first days there was clearly a testing period if my relay could take
that load, probably from the authority servers or so.

I concluded that there would be another test period if somebody
changes his traffic values, but never happened as far as i can tell.

> Hopefully someone will jump in and clarify this better.

Would be great.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach

Religion is something left over from the infancy of
our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt
reason and science as our guidelines.

Bertrand Arthur William Russell (1872-1970),
British philosopher, logician, mathematician,
historian, and social critic.