[tor-relays] Metrics portal problems?

Karsten Loesing karsten.loesing at gmx.net
Thu Oct 20 05:12:32 UTC 2011

On 10/19/11 10:55 PM, Rick Huebner wrote:
> Is the metrics portal at https://metrics.torproject.org/ partly down, or
> undergoing maintenance or something?  I see that some of the stats don't
> seem to have been updated in the last week or so.  Many of the graphs
> are truncated, e.g.
> https://metrics.torproject.org/users.html?graph=direct-users&start=2011-10-9&end=2011-10-19&country=all&dpi=72#direct-users,
> and the per-relay stats on the
> https://metrics.torproject.org/networkstatus.html page all seem to stop
> with the 2011-10-12 13:00:00.0 consensus.

This is a maintenance operation taking much longer than anticipated.  We
had to rebuild some database tables with aggregated values for almost 1
year of data.  We started from oldest to newest and have made it from
December 2010 to July 2011.  I now changed this to rebuild aggregates
from newest to oldest, so that the most recent data will be available on
the website in the next few hours.  Sorry for the confusion.

Best,
Karsten