[tor-relays] icecat

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Sun Oct 9 15:10:38 UTC 2011

Resending because I sent from the wrong address....

Begin forwarded message:

To: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org
Subject: icecat

All

I have now had a total of three abuse requests from the ISP hosting one
of my tor nodes from a company called icecat (rip at icecat.biz)

On the first two occasions I pointed to the notice on my server about it
being a tor node and they went away. This time they are threating to
null route my server if I don't do something.

So reluctantly I have added a reject of 87.255.38.35:* to my exit
policy.

I'd be interested to hear from any other operators who have been
pestered in this way about supposed abuses of icecat.

Best

Mick

The text file for RFC 854 contains exactly 854 lines.
Do you think there is any cosmic significance in this?

Douglas E Comer - Internetworking with TCP/IP Volume 1

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc854.txt