[tor-relays] could not access my own hidden service

cmeclax-sazri cmeclax-sazri at ixazon.dynip.com
Sun Nov 20 04:17:48 UTC 2011

I run Torchat and Onioncat. For at least an hour last night, my Torchat showed
that I was not online, but someone else was, implying that he could see me
online. I have a laptop which also has Tor, but it's just a client. I
verified with Onioncat that two hidden services on the same box could not
contact each other, but the laptop could contact both of them. The relay is
running 0.2.2.34; the laptop is running 0.2.1.30. My Torchat now sees that
I'm online, without having restarted Tor. What could cause this?

cmeclax