[tor-relays] Middleman/guard nodes raided in the Netherlands

David davidlusthof at goatse.be
Thu Nov 10 11:48:44 UTC 2011

I just wanted to let everyone know that my two Tor nodes have been
raided (+all my computer equipment and everything that could store data).

I'm not sure what triggered all this unwanted attention, but I suspect
that it's the local police department trying to make a score after tor
getting some media attention. It doesn't look to be a very 'high-tech'
operation because I got a call asking me for the root password to the
tor servers that are on unencrypted disks...

Let this be a warning to everyone running middlemans in the Netherlands,
I found out the hard way.

Nicknames of the servers where AIVD and MIVD, no clue what the public
key was. But consider them compromised.

Best regards,
David