[tor-relays] Exit enclaves load time

Zach Lym indolering at gmail.com
Thu May 19 08:14:30 UTC 2011

I have been running load time tests for duckduckgo.com and
ff.duckduckgo.comthrough the
Tor network.

duckduckgo.com should be on an enclave
node<https://www.dan.me.uk/torcheck?ip=72.94.249.36>,
ff.duckduckgo.com should not be.  But they appear to be loading at
comparable times and  LoadUI is showing no difference between the two URLs-
even more complex queries such as "what is my IP"

Can anyone tell if duckduckgo.com misconfigured?
Is it the CDN that DuckDuckGo uses that equalizes the load time?
Is the Tor network not utilizing the enclave node as heavily as the
documentation makes it sound?
Or have the exit proxies really gained that much capacity that they are no
longer the bottleneck for such small small requests?

-Zach Lym