[tor-relays] Bridges on OpenWrt

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:38:25 UTC 2011

Hi!

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Runa A. Sandvik <runa at torproject.org> wrote:
> Performance all depends on the hardware you are using. I had Tor
> running as a client on an old Linksys router without any problems, and
> I know others have been able to configure bridges on their routers. As
> far as I know, we're doing ok for memory, but the bigger issue is disk
> space (which can easily be solved with a USB stick).

Hm. We have many nodes on fiber links. So 1 Mbit/s+ bridges would be
possible. But I doubt Linksys can handle that. Or it can? What is your
experience?

> Can I ask which project you are working on?

Sure. We are doing an open wireless network in Slovenia. We are also
developing some software for it and similar networks. Especially
software which helps easier deploying such networks without requiring
too much technical knowledge. Our web site is currently in flux as we
are just reorganizing things, but:

http://wlan-si.net/
http://dev.wlan-si.net/
http://old.wlan-si.net/
http://dev.wlan-si.net/ticket/927

Our network looks like this:

https://nodes.wlan-si.net/

The later is also a live example of this software which helps building
open bottom-up networks, called nodewatcher. It gives you guidance,
monitoring, check for errors. And especially an open view into the
network, so that everybody can see and understand it.

Mitar