[tor-relays] abuse reports from shadowserver.org

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Mon Mar 21 04:16:05 UTC 2011

On 20.03.2011 11:49, alex-tor at copton.net wrote:
>> It seems to me, that 'shadowserver.org' is an evil group that
>> deliberately send unfounded abuses against tor-nodes and etc.
> No, I think this goes overboard. Some of them are pretty fanatic and might
> indeed work with such tricks occasionally. But others sound pretty
> reasonable. And in the end, internet crime is existant and must be dealt
> with, isn't it?

I have been in contact with blacklists from the one spectrum and from
the other. One particular one even called me back because Tor is very
important to them and they want to work on a way to make this easier for
Tor operators.

In the end, it just again shows that there is something wrong with ISPs.
Even if I were to receive 100 information letters per day, they are
still just information letters.

I have no problem receiving all Spamcop reports. To the contrary, I
believe spam shows one of the flaws in the current implementation of the
Internet, and it has to be dealt with. Even if the war against spam has
to be fought with the same technically flawed methods.

In Germany, we nowadays call such a thing "Brückentechnologie" (bridging
technology): We acknowledge that something has huge flaws, but we're not
willing to give up other properties of the system to really fix the
problem. Instead, we try to find constant workarounds.

Tor is in the same category.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/