[tor-relays] Network Scan through Tor Exit Node (Port 80)

Chris Palmer chris at eff.org
Thu Mar 10 18:27:50 UTC 2011

On 03/10/2011 09:10 AM, mick wrote:

> Using Tor to scan the internet is a good way to see how the internet
> looks from different perspectives at once, which can be quite valuable."
>
> Which says to me that you are using Tor to do this research.

No, it says to you that using Tor to scan the internet is a good way to
see how the internet looks from different perspectives at once, which
can be quite valuable.

> So which is it?

The Observatory work was not done through Tor.

However, using Tor to scan the internet is a good way to see how the
internet looks from different perspectives at once, which can be quite
valuable, so I vociferously defend the idea of doing so.

--
Chris Palmer
Technology Director, Electronic Frontier Foundation