[tor-relays] Tor blocking incident (was: Re: Network Scan through Tor Exit Node (Port 80))

Robert Ransom rransom.8774 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 05:58:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 20:49:17 -0800
prafull moulekhi <prafullmoulekhi90 at gmail.com> wrote:

>    I m having problem in running tor since last 1 week.
>    I am getting the following log.

>    Mar 08 14:26:36.486 [Warning] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 10%:
> Finishing
>    handshake with directory server. (Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ];
>    NOROUTE; count 10; recommendation warn)

Thanks for the bug report!  The 'Notice' messages you listed in your
first message did not indicate any problem, but this warning message
indicates that your computer cannot reach the directory mirror it is
trying to use.

>    I am using my university network.
>    My room mate is using the same network & it's working fine in his PC.

Is your roommate using a bridge, HTTP proxy, or SOCKS proxy to connect
to Tor?  (If so, DO NOT tell us the bridge or proxy address; only tell
us whether he is using one or not.)

Robert Ransom