[tor-relays] Network Scan through Tor Exit Node (Port 80)

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Wed Mar 9 22:40:32 UTC 2011

On 3/9/11 11:27 PM, Chris Palmer wrote:
> On 03/09/2011 01:01 PM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:
>
>> But does i understood that the SSL Observatory scan are done trough TOR
>> nodes?
> No. The Observatory scans were done from EFF machines in our data
> center. Our slides and source code and data are available for free.
> Please check them out.
Great! and very great project the SSL Observatory! :-)

I got it, it's just that it started looking a dangerous thread with
misunderstanding discussions about portscanning claims on tor maintainer
and the SSL Observatory's scans :P

I got the point on how TOR could be useful for research providing a lot
of different point of view of the internet being able to monitor
censorship status, filtering, detect mitm conditions, etc :)

Still the issue of evaluating opportunity to reduce claims/disconnection
and provide more friendly location/ISP for exit-nodes is there. :(

-naif
http://infosecurity.ch