[tor-relays] Filtering at Exit Node [was: Network Scan through Tor Exit Node (Port 80)]

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Fri Mar 4 14:47:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 04.03.2011 14:52, tazoi wrote:
> After all, in another thread you suggested to "do not run exits in your
> own country", that could be "do not allow exit for IP addresses in your
> country".

These are two different things completely.

GeoIP does not work. Do not allow all the services around it make you
believe it really works as expected.
For example, our Gbit/s exit is physically located in the Czech
Republic, but uses IPs owned by FDC in the US. GeoIP thus shows USA as
location.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/