[tor-relays] Filtering at Exit Node [was: Network Scan through Tor Exit Node (Port 80)]

tazoi barraudu at tiscali.it
Fri Mar 4 13:52:45 UTC 2011

Moritz Bartl wrote:
[...]
> > Some other person, like me, live in country where the justice and
> > judicial system is in a drammatic situation.
> > In italy if you have legal problem you will take between 5 up to 10
> > years to solve the issue.
> > In such condition I DO NOT WANT any traffic to go to italian
> > networks,

> Italy has worse problems than someone trying to run an exit. Work on
> those. Make people understand that looking at half-naked women on
> government TV isn't something that helps.

but the point is:
while we try to change the existing in Italy is there a manner to run an
exit node where "in the exit-policy" (and not blocking packets after the
exit that, i agree, is bad) is defined a sort of GeoIP "exit-rule"? The
circuit build should consider the "countries-enabled tag" of an exit
node as a further criteria (?!?).

After all, in another thread you suggested to "do not run exits in your
own country", that could be "do not allow exit for IP addresses in your
country".

-tazoi