[tor-relays] stable flag

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Jul 25 14:54:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 05:28:55PM -0700, Softail wrote:
> My relay seems to gain and lose the stable flag every day for the last
> several days. It's been up more than a week. Is this normal? I don't
> recall seeing this on a previous hosting provider and I suspect there is
> something going on with the network.

Go to https://metrics.torproject.org/relay-search.html and put in your
fingerprint and day (e.g. 2011-07-22) and see if your relay is missing
from any of the consensus stanzas for the day. If you aren't listed
every hour, that means a majority of the directory authorities didn't
think you were reachable then.

(If you *are* listed every hour, you might still be going down for a
little while, which would be enough to be noted as a failure by the
directory authorities.)

--Roger