[tor-relays] stable flag

Michael Kelly m at michaelkelly.org
Mon Jul 25 05:53:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 05:28:55PM -0700, Softail wrote:
> My relay seems to gain and lose the stable flag every day for the last
> several days. It's been up more than a week. Is this normal? I don't
> recall seeing this on a previous hosting provider and I suspect there is
> something going on with the network.
>
> I'm thinking of setting the log level to info or debug to try to figure
> out what is going on. Is that a good idea? Is it likely to be informative?

I've not been running my relay for that long, so I don't know if it's
common to unexpectedly lose the 'stable' flag. However, do you monitor
the machine externally? If so, are there gaps in the data? If not, I'd
just try monitoring the connection in a simple way (even just pinging
something every minute or so) and see if it goes out to lunch every once
in a while.

HTH,
--
Michael