[tor-relays] Strange warnings

Sebastian Hahn mail at sebastianhahn.net
Fri Jul 22 06:34:41 UTC 2011

On Jul 21, 2011, at 2:58 PM, Klaus Layer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My relays suddenly show the following warnings:
>
> "Tried to establish rendezvous on non-OR or non-edge circuit."
>
> Is this something I should worry about?
>
> I am wondering why several of my relays shows that at nearly the same time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I have seen these warnings on my relay as well. Initial
digging suggests that this is not in fact something you
need to worry about, but rather a misbehaving Tor client
implementation. I am working on a patch to make sure
the warning doesn't get emitted if there isn't an actual
problem on the relay side.

Thanks for your report and for keeping an eye on your
relay!

Sebastian