[tor-relays] Odd activity on my rely

George Gemelos gmg at gemelos.com
Tue Jul 19 15:58:43 UTC 2011

                I'm running an exit node, yreka and have noticed as single IP address that has been connected for at least a day, probably longer, which is pushing anywhere from 3Mb to 9Mb but receives very little traffic back from my node, sub 500Kb.  My traffic to this machine is going out of 443 (my ORPort) and being sent to port 50090 on the other machine.  I only allow exit traffic to ports 80 and 443.  So I do not think this is exit traffic.   I have also checked on blutmagie and could not find the IP as a relay which would suggest that this is a TOR user and I am serving as an entry node.  I have never seen such speeds for a single user.
The one sided nature of the traffic and its size have my interests peaked.  I just wanted to verify that this is not unusual and something that I should investigating.  I did not include the IP address of the machine because I was not sure it would be in the spirit of TOR to post such information.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.