[tor-relays] Seeking headless TAILS (or similar)

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Tue Jul 19 11:53:32 UTC 2011

On 07/19/2011 04:00 AM, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 07:42:19PM -0400, Steve Snyder wrote:
>> I'm looking for a Tor installation that boots off of read-only media
>> and acts as a relay, sort of a TAILS but without the user-space
>> applications.
>>
>> Does such a thing exist?
>
> Tor-ramdisk looks close to what you are describing:
> http://opensource.dyc.edu/tor-ramdisk

That's pretty much what I had in mind, however their version of Tor is
out of date.  Worse, the source files for the ISO image do not seem to
be available, so I can't rebuild it myself.

Between the obsolete code and the binaries-only nature of the project,
this doesn't look suitable for me.

Thanks for the reply.