[tor-relays] DNAT question

Damian Johnson atagar1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:11:57 UTC 2011

The far easier method is to add a "User <tor user>" entry to your
torrc then start Tor as root. This way tor will bind to the privileged
ports then lower its permissions to the given user (I've been meaning
to update that faq entry...).

Also, I wrote a relay setup wizard that makes you a nice relay
configuration (including using 443/80) automagically. To give it a try
just...
- dowload http://www.atagar.com/transfer/tmp/arm-1.4.3rc.tar.bz2
- extract and run 'arm'
- it should pop up a wizard that looks like...
  - http://www.atagar.com/transfer/tmp/arm_wizard1.png
  - http://www.atagar.com/transfer/tmp/arm_wizard2.png
  - http://www.atagar.com/transfer/tmp/arm_wizard3.png

Arm is about to have a release in the next few days so I'd love
feedback on the wizard if you have any. Cheers! -Damian