[tor-relays] Setting up a relay

Softail black98fxstc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:47:57 UTC 2011

If you are behind a router that is doing NAT and you think that is the
problem, I can suggest two things to try to resolve that.

1) Connect the computer that is running Tor directly to the Internet.
See if it gets a publicly reachable address that way, i.e., not
192.168.xxx.yyy and see if it works that way. If it does then

2) Configure your router to tell it that the computer running Tor is the
DMZ.

If those work then the problem probably is NAT in the router. In either
case your computer running Tor is directly facing the internet so if you
want leave it as DMZ make sure it is well secured and firewalled.