[tor-relays] Bandwidth

Tomas Sironi sironitomas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 23:48:31 UTC 2011

Hi people. In the Tor manual, the next options are specified:
*
*
* - BandwidthRate*
 - RelayBandwidthRate

However i don't get to see the difference between those two. I imagined the
first one is the bandwidth of tor being a client, and the second for the
relay (server). But then i read this in the *BandwidthRate* description,
breaking my previous supposition:

... If you want to run a relay in the public network, this needs to be *at
> the very least* 20 KB ...

I know those options limit the bandwidth but i don't know exactly which
affects what.

I'm running my Tor as client and relay, so i'm a little bit confused.

Can anyone explain that for me? Thanks!