not much throughput

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 09:52:11 UTC 2011

> They are and have long been used interchangeably.

People futzing up their interchangeables causes spacecraft to
disappear instead of landing properly on say, Mars :)

> the contrived distinction between prefixes like "K" and "Ki" is
> bad revisionism.

Rather, it is international standards bodies all coming together
and saying, hey we need to clear this up once and for all. That is
a good thing. Thus we now have: ISO/IEC IEC 80000-13:2008. Change
happens, be it or be left behind in a pile of bullshit, the smell
of which is surely unambiguous :)