tor and cryptdisks

cmeclax-sazri cmeclax-sazri at ixazon.dynip.com
Wed Jan 26 05:41:39 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 26 January 2011 00:23:34 Moritz Bartl wrote:
> Why don't you mount (or bind) the cryptdisk directory over a regular
> (empty/dummy) directory and use that for your hidden service?

Huh?? It's a LUKS partition. The physical partition is /dev/ad1s1e, which
contains the encrypted data. When I boot it (once I set up crypttab, which I
haven't yet, I just mapped it manually), I have to type a password. and the
plaintext appears as /dev/mapper/crypt. If I don't type the password, there
is no /dev/mapper/crypt, and /crypt is an empty directory. It's not a
null-mount or an overlay mount, it's a regular mounted partition.

cmeclax