Why so little bandwidth used?

Daniel Franganillo danielf at dilmun.ls.fi.upm.es
Wed Feb 16 21:59:28 UTC 2011

El 16/02/11 16:52, Steve Snyder escribió:
> Hello.
>
> My Tor router, named ThunderGodTor, seems to be using too little bandwidth.
>
> I have configured the bandwidth limit as 100KB and the burst at 200KB.  At http://torstatus.asprion.org/ i see confirmation of this configuration, plus an Observed bandwidth of roughly 119KB.  All these values are well within my total network bandwidth.
>
> Check out the Router Detail page at http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/ for my stats.  It shows an average of about 35KB - 40KB with rare peaks at 100KB.  This confirms my observation that Tor is not actually using the 100KB limit I specified.
>
> I am not choking on CPU (1%) or memory utilization (about 7%) on my router machine, so what is the bottleneck in my router utilization?
>
> Thanks.

I posted, a month or so ago, the same issues on our CriptoLabTORRelays[1][2][3]
and on my own Tor relay[4]. We used to get about 150KB/s of bandwith usage and
now...about 24 with peaks of 65 or so, odd...

[1]http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=a65f3cbe32d8b52afcd2b09f0258d5cef1b12f48
[2]http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=1d6a27aed313662e35f550b212335d4797dccdf6
[3]http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=3e628de58df60a228c38fa83d000439d129d00cc
[4]http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=1554f8125df9644c1a0127b29f83b08233452b00