[tor-relays] Network Scan through Tor Exit Node (Port 80)

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sat Feb 26 17:34:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 25.02.2011 17:32, Bianco Veigel wrote:
> How could I detect such a scan and take counter measures to prevent a
> network scan through tor?

This is a dangerous route to go. At least I consider exits that filter
security scans are "bad" and would want them to be flagged accordingly.

> I've attached the report from the abuse mail. Does anyone have an idea,
> what steps should/could be taken?

Try to explain to them why network scans are not illegal, and might as
well be part of some security researcher activity. Change your hosting
provider.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/