[tor-relays] Bandwidth Authority PID Feedback Experiment #2 Starting

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Tue Dec 13 00:44:30 UTC 2011

Thus spake Sebastian Urbach (sebastian at urbach.org):

> Seems to get better in the last hours ...
>
> I want to suggest strongly a change for the metrics / performance site.
> The displayed default size is 50KB and should be changed to 1MB. 50 KB
> ist out of touch with reality for any service i can think of. Could you
> please encourage your colleagues to do that ?

We want to optimize primarily for the low-latency web case, not bulk
downloading.

The one exception to this is Youtube/user-generated video, which I
agree does fall more in the 1MB case. However, the state of web
browser tech for user-generated video still sucks in the absence of
Flash, so it is still not yet our primary focus.

--
Mike Perry