[tor-relays] Bandwidth Authority PID Feedback Experiment #2 Starting

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Mon Dec 12 20:21:13 UTC 2011

On 12.12.2011 20:18, Tim Wilde wrote:
> Any specific tips on how you're pushing 700Mbps from a single instance
> (I assume that's what that's indicating) beyond what's on your wiki?
> With AES-NI and most (maybe all) of the tweaks I've found on your
> pages (awesome resource, by the way, thanks for that!) the best I've
> been able to manage is ~250Mbps on a single Tor instance, I've had to
> use multiple instances on the same hardware to try to get any closer
> to filling Gbit.

Thanks!

I try to keep everything I do documented on that wiki. All these servers
run four instances of Tor each (one per core) and traffic is accounted
for in total. Also, keep in mind that vnstat counts both incoming and
outgoing traffic, so 700Mbps in vnstat are really only 375 per direction.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/