[tor-relays] Bandwidth Authority PID Feedback Experiment #2 Starting

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Dec 10 10:30:52 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 06:57:22PM -0800, Mike Perry wrote:
> We'll probably be running this next experiment for about a week (or
> perhaps longer if it doesn't explode and seems to improve performance
> on https://metrics.torproject.org/performance.html) starting tonight
> or tomorrow.
>
> Please keep an eye on your relays and tell us if anything unexpected
> happens over the next week or so.

we're seeing a pretty significant rise in throughput on noisetor01, we
peaked at 530 Mbps at around 2011-12-09 17:00 PST, versus previous
peaks:

(there's a really horrific dropoff to zero around 13:00 on the 6th, and
it clearly took a long time for throughput to recover, which impacted
throughput that evening.)

Earlier peaks are in the 350 - 450 Mbps range.

-andy