[tor-relays] Logs full of "eventdns: All nameservers have failed"

Jon torance.ca at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 15:34:40 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Moritz Bartl <moritz at torservers.net> wrote:
> Yes, I see them, and grown accustomed to them. Not that often though.
>
> On 03.12.2011 07:38, Klaus Layer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> my logs are full of these messages:
>>
>> 05:54:07 [NOTICE] eventdns: Nameserver 127.0.0.1 is back up
>> 05:54:07 [WARN] eventdns: All nameservers have failed
>>
>> At first I thought that the DNS of my ISP sucks, so I changed to Google Public
>> DNS. But the warnings are still there.
>>

> --
> Moritz Bartl
> https://www.torservers.net/

I also get them, tho not as frequent from the latest stable than I did
on previous ones. However, I do not pay any attention to them anymore
also as it does not appear to make any difference on the way tor works
either for server or for regular usage. I might be more concerned if
the time lapse was several minutes or more than 100th's of a second

Jon