[tor-relays] Logs full of "eventdns: All nameservers have failed"

Klaus Layer klaus.layer at gmx.de
Sat Dec 3 06:38:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

my logs are full of these messages:

05:54:07 [NOTICE] eventdns: Nameserver 127.0.0.1 is back up
05:54:07 [WARN] eventdns: All nameservers have failed

At first I thought that the DNS of my ISP sucks, so I changed to Google Public
DNS. But the warnings are still there.

Google shows some older reports of this warning, where is was supposed to be
an error in tor. Are there any news on this?

I am wondering if the high bandwidth nodes from torservers and noisebridge
also show this kind of messages and how they configured their nodes to get rid
of it. For my node they come up every couple of minutes. Between fail and
recover is always less than a second.

Best regards,

Klaus