[tor-relays] Received abuse complaint - how did this happen?

Javier Bassi javierbassi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:54:07 UTC 2011

> On Aug 9, 2011, at 11:46 PM, Steve Snyder wrote:
>
>> Today my ISP informed me that an abuse complaint had been lodged against me by spamcop.net.
>> (...)
>> Anyone have any thoughts as to how my Tor config can be used to transmit spam?

Did you have the Exit node flag on port 80? You should contact
directly to spamcop to inform them about tor since they are active
contacting ISPs.

Hotmail sends the IP address of the client in every mail sent in the
email header under [X-Originating-IP] field. Also there is a lot of
Wordpress spam lately.