[tor-relays] jumping clock

Softail black98fxstc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 19:59:02 UTC 2011

Every few days I find a log message like this

Aug 08 07:20:09.241 [warn] Your system clock just jumped 122 seconds
forward; assuming established circuits no longer work.

Seems to always be 122 seconds as far as I can tell and happens at
random times. Doesn't seem to be correlated with the log rotations or
anything else. I'm running ntpd and that seems to be working fine. I
started to let it use the kludge local clock in case the network was
unavailable. I didn't think that was likely and it doesn't seem to have
made any difference. Google turns up some complaints about this on much
older versions 2.0.23. I'm currently running 2.1.30 from the Tor
repository. It's i386 running on x86_64. I suppose I could try
rebuilding a 64 bit version but so far haven't built my own yet. Would
eventually like to dig into the sources but don't have time right now.

Anybody else see this or have suggestions about what to do about it?

Thanks

--
A man in chains knows he should have acted sooner...
Julian Assange