Fwd: Abuse Message

Karsten N. tor-admin at privacyfoundation.de
Sat Oct 2 19:36:24 UTC 2010

Am 02.10.2010 19:08, schrieb SiNA:
> Can anyone give me some direction please? specifically in  regards to
> German ISPs.

In Germany we (German Privacy Foundation e.V.) have positive experience
with the ISP keyweb.de. We have running 3 exit node in the data center
of keyweb.de for years and no problems with the security response team.
We have explain, what we are doing and we can put copyright infringement
into trash.

After years running exit node, we does recommend German ISPs for German
guys. You can reduce trouble by using non-German ISP for your tor node.

We can recommend leaseweb.nl (ok for long time) or coolhousing.net
(Prag) (not tested for long time).

And you may reduce your exit policy. There was a blog posting at
https://blog.torproject.org with some recommendations for the exit
policy. Switch to a whitlist of open ports:

 ExitPolicy: accept *:80, accept *:443, accept *:995, ... reject *:*

It reduces the the number of copyright infringement to 2-3 per month.

Btw: we offer a tor partnership program to help German tor exit admins.
See: https://www.privacyfoundation.de/verein/themen/

Greetings
Karsten N.