Very low performance in CriptolabTORRelays*

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 29 13:07:01 UTC 2010

Dear Daniel,

Am Montag, den 29.11.2010, 12:08 +0100 schrieb Daniel Franganillo:
> El 20/11/10 18:00, Daniel Franganillo escribió:

> > Im the admin of CriptoLabTorRelays*
> > As you can see at http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/
> > CriptoLabTORRelay[1..4] are having almost no transfer rate (3KB or so)

for people not wanting to search please use [1][2][3][4] to directly
reach the nodes.

> > It started on Monday 14 of November and after some testing we came to a
> > conclusion... Our Univeristy (our workplace) somehow filtered Tor
> > without notice.
> > I need your help to get some proofs of the filter being applied so we
> > can make a statement and ask for permission.

> > PD: We even tried using bridges (as in https://bridges.torproject.org/)
> > with no luck.

> still no luck with our bandwidth problems. I even tried to set up a tor
> relay under windows (to discard a linux problem) and it does not work.
> Can you help me to gather some clues on how our School is filtering Tor?
> I need that information so i can fill a request to stop Tor filtering.

When I had bandwidth problems I was told to set up an HTTP server on
these ports, in your case 9001 and 9030, and to test the bandwidth by
for example downloading a large file.

> PD: Will it help if I pastebin a debug log?

I do not know. But if the developers request this, please just attach
those to your message.

Thanks,

Paul

PS: Since your are operating more than one relay it is my understanding
you should set the `MyFamily` configuration option [5].
PPS: I do not know if posting to or-talk would increase the chances to
get an answer.

[1] http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=b0ebd113c29fa546596dae34e88b8ad82ffdaa3d
[2] http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=a65f3cbe32d8b52afcd2b09f0258d5cef1b12f48
[3] http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=1d6a27aed313662e35f550b212335d4797dccdf6