100tb.com

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sun Nov 28 22:23:15 UTC 2010

Hi Andrew,

I've seen the offer and wanted to fund a second node there if we get
enough sponsors. I haven't talked to Midphase (100tb.com) yet though.
You should try to convince them to set up proper WHOIS, including abuse
handle, which the new data center might do (and Softlayer in the US
doesn't do).
After we got Softlayer to at least add a comment to our IP range,
surprisingly most complaints went to us directly. So far, with the
limited exit policy, Softlayer hasn't been bothered about us. It is a
controversial topic if and why one should willingly limit the exit
policy, but I don't feel too bad about the current set of allowed ports
with our nodes. After all, we at Torservers don't want to help file
sharers, and I feel HTTP(S)/XMPP traffic is more important than traffic
on arbitrary ports.

Please let us know if it works out well for you. I don't feel too well
running a large exit in the USA after all, and in the long run want to
move our exit someplace else, but I'm not sure if UK is a better choice
(or what country would be).

Moritz