Exit relays w/ default policy: Please enable ExitPortStatistics

Karsten Loesing karsten.loesing at gmx.net
Sat Nov 20 23:32:40 UTC 2010

On 11/21/10 12:05 AM, Mike Perry wrote:
> While trying to write some code to process the new ExitPortStatistics
> data included in the 0.2.2.x series, I've discovered that not one exit
> relay that has the default exit policy has enabled these statistics.
> Doing so requires the following two lines to be added to your torrc:
>
> ExitPortStatistics 1
> ExtraInfoStatistics 1
>
> You should be able to kill -HUP your tor to have it enable the stats
> without restart.
>
> We especially need high speed relays to do this to help investigate
> load balancing options.

Please wait with enabling ExitPortStatistics and ExtraInfoStatistics
until 0.2.2.19 is out. We found a bug that prevents very fast relays
reporting these statistics from generating and uploading a descriptor.
The result was that two of the blutmagies were offline for a few days.
The bugfix will be contained in 0.2.2.19.

Best,
--Karsten