New EWMA performance experiment

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun May 23 04:47:35 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I turned on CircuitPriorityHalflife=30000 on moria1 today (about 6
hours ago).

In theory that should improve performance for web browsing:
http://archives.seul.org/tor/relays/Apr-2010/msg00049.html

We won't really see the effects until many relays are running Tor
0.2.2.11-alpha or later; but we might see some partial impact already,
especially with some really big relays already upgraded.

So the question in the mean time is: if you're running a fast relay on
0.2.2.11-alpha or later, did I just spike your CPU or otherwise make
your life worse?

Thanks,
--Roger