Exit Relay on Ubuntu 9.10 behind 2wire 2701HG-B firewall

Gitano ran6oony7r9deku5 at gmx-topmail.de
Mon Mar 29 14:30:00 UTC 2010

K. N. wrote:

> I have opened configured port forwarding, and I have verified that the
> forwarding works using the PFportcheck tool.  It seems like the router is
> forwarding the ports just fine, but still no confirmation.  Is there
> something on the Tor/Ubuntu side that I am missing?

Please check your 'torrc': 'egrep -v "(^#.*|^ *$)" /etc/tor/torrc'.

Assuming your port forwarding in the router looks like this:

   ORPort:	[From: port 443] --> [To: port 9000]
   DirPort:	[From: port 80]  --> [To: port 9001]

the 'torrc' must contain:

ORPort 443
ORListenAddress 0.0.0.0:9000
DirPort 80
DirListenAddress 0.0.0.0:9001

I don't use vidalia, so I cannot say if there is something to notice on
this package.