Problems Continue while trying to set up a TOR Private Relay

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Tue Jul 6 04:19:47 UTC 2010

     On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:44:18 -0400 Andrew Lewman <andrew at torproject.org>
wrote:
>On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:04:38 -0700
>Jim Julian <j.a.julian at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is an update of a message sent July 4th.  A quick quote from the

     Really?  Is Vidalia really able to a) determine the public IP address
of the router, then b) configure correctly the Address and ORListenAddress
statements in torrc, then c) add an RDR to the router's configuration to
forward packets addressed to the ORPort at the public IP address on to
10.0.1.3:9001?  And likewise for DirPort and DirListenAddress?  If so,
that's terrific!  If not, then the OP needs to go back and read the tor
man page, paying special attention to the Address, ORPort, ORListenAddress,
DirPort, and DirListenAddress statement descriptions, as well as reading
up on how to configure RDRs on his router.
     On another note, I don't have any real exposure to Mac OS X, so if
someone could tell me which packet filter (e.g., ipf, ipfw, pf) underlies
the fancy firewall GUI stuff in OS X, I'd be grateful.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG