Problems Continue while trying to set up a TOR Private Relay

Jim jimmymac at copper.net
Tue Jul 6 22:18:15 UTC 2010

Scott Bennett wrote:
>      ...  then c) add an RDR to the router's configuration to
> forward packets addressed to the ORPort at the public IP address on to
> 10.0.1.3:9001?

For the benefit of anybody else on this list that may have been
wondering, RDR apparently refers to port forwarding.  As best as I can
figure out, it is a BSD-specific term used in their firewall configuration:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/rdr.html

@ Scott,

RDR doesn't seem to be known beyond the people familiar with BSD/PF.
IMHO is is not reasonable to expect people on a more general mailing
list to know its meaning (although it is possible, from context, to make
a wild ass guess at it).  In trying to find its meaning (and stop
guessing) I found that the Wikipedia disambiguation listed 16 entries for
RDR while acronyms.thefreedictionary.com had 22 entries.  Neither
included /your/ meaning.

Jim