Tor and DPCs, Windows 7

Michael Millspaugh tk421storm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 20:35:04 UTC 2010

Hello all -

I'm enjoying running a tor relay on my music/web server, but I'm a bit
concerned at the processor usage. Even if I limit the bandwidth pretty
intensely (100/400), the CPU usage is always double - whatever Tor's
running, there is an equal amount of the cpu devoted to deferred procedural
calls. Needless to say, if Tor gets close to 50% my whole computer stalls
out, hampering the performance of my music and web servers.

Anyone know why I get so much DPCs with tor? Any fixes on the market? I hate
to limit my bandwidth since I have such a good connection, but I can't live
with the stalls.

-Mike

--
TERMS OF USE. By reading this e-mail, you agree, on behalf of your employer,
to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all