Costs of Portable IP Space [was: New Node]

Andrew Lewis andrew at pdqvpn.com
Tue Aug 31 22:10:10 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, August 31, 2010, Moritz Bartl <moritz at torservers.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 31.08.2010 23:46, Mike Perry wrote:
>> I don't know what you folks across the pond know about American
>> government, but it is not a functional democracy. Hell, it's not even
>> a proper representative democracy. It is a winner-take-all
>> least-common-denominator most-money-wins-the-race farce that has been
>> used to manipulate the public in favor of powerful interests for over
>> a hundred years or more.
>
> Same here in Europe. The difference is that in the US it's now done
> fully in the open, while in Europe they still try to hide it to varying
> degrees.
>
> Moritz

Which is great. We all agree that the current political systems suck.
But this has nothing to do with the technical aspects of running a
node. The issue we have is related to operating in the current legal
framework to provide some measure of annonminity and how ISPs are
unwilling to deal with DMCA notices in the manor we wish.

Let's get back to the technical side of this, and leave the political
stuff that is not directly tor related for another mailing list.

-Andrew