New Node

Andrew Lewis andrew at pdqvpn.com
Tue Aug 24 03:30:32 UTC 2010

Thanks for the quick response. That answers my questions regarding alphas.

The second question was more focused at other relay owners, since we all
seem to be having trouble with DMCA.

I had briefly talked to some one else about it, but the proper term is Provider
Independent IP Space<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provider-independent_address_space>.

Tor nodes seem to be having an issue with DMCA notifications pissing off
hosting providers. Thus we have to either host the nodes with more
"understanding" hosts or limit our exit policies so that we limit the
notifications. This is a problem because the more leniet hosts don't all
ways have the resources or connections that other places have.  If tor nodes
controlled their own IP space then they can host their nodes inside any data
center and easier to host without worrying about DMCA notices shutting down
nodes. It would also allow more liberal exit policies so that other types of
traffic can be allowed, even if they are more likely to generate
notifications.

The only problem is that if it is described as tor only, then it might be
easier to block by various groups. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andrew