Tor client performance (was Re: URGENT: patch needed ASAP for authority bug)

Jon torance.ca at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 14:04:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Scott Bennett <bennett at cs.niu.edu> wrote:
>     On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:31:45 +0200 Olaf Selke <olaf.selke at blutmagie.de>
> wrote:
>>Roger Dingledine wrote:
>>>
>>> Attached is that patch. It only applies against git head, so if you
>>> prefer tarballs, check out
>>> http://freehaven.net/~arma/tor-0.2.2.12-alpha-dev.tar.gz

 A lot of this tech stuff is over my head, but is extremly interesting.

At this point with the patch out and seemly to be working, I suspect
that the patch at this time only works for unix/linux type OS?

Will there be one for Windows? Or will this be done when everyone is
sure they have the issues resolved, then an update will be put out to
cover everything?

Roger : Like several others have pointed out, thanks for getting out
the patch so quickly. There looks like hope for now till the exaxct
cause / issues can be narrowed down and an updated then can be made to
resolve all theses latest connection issues.

Jon