Tor client performance (was Re: URGENT: patch needed ASAP for authority bug)

Jon torance.ca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 20:22:08 UTC 2010

I am no where even close to running the bandwith that Olaf is running,
but it appears to me that all about the same time, others have also
had an increaqse in their TCP connections.

In my case it has grown to the point that I had to reduce the amount
of available bandwidth usage to see if that would make any difference.
As far as I can tell, It has made no difference at all. When it starts
topping out, Vidalia locks up, but tor keeps on working.  Becasue of
that I am unable to check the ;logs untill the connections reduce .
the last major message that i was getting every min was this morning
telling me that '  computer was to slow to handle this many circuit
requests. Please consider Max Avertised Bandwidth config option or
choose a more restricte3d policy. Failed to hand over onion skin. '

i have made several different changes in the bandwidth policy, even to
the point of changing on the torrc.conf. Since I could not pull up
Vidalia and go thru the GUI.

I am not on Linuxx, but am on Win Svr, so what ever the issues are ,
it appears it does not keep to one OS or another.

My last check on conncetions was 9811+

Like some of the others everything was fine a week to 10 days ago till
the tcp connections drastically increased.

I am still trying to find info and trying to twick, but no such luck yet.

And I hate to keep rebooting as then the server really isn't a stable
one for usage.

This is just what I have been going thu in the same area as Olaf.

Jon